Saturday 22 January 2011

Processing: Bouncing Sound Ball

So I decided that the first thing I wanted to make in processing (after mucking around a bit) was a musical bouncing ball.

The first problem that I came across was that processing doesn't support midi. Not as standard anyway. After feeling sad for a little while, I did a bit of research and found out that you can extend the functionality (dunno if thats the correct way of describing it) of the core programme with user created and shared libraries.

There are several midi libraries available, but so far the one I have had most success with is The midi bus. Which, if you are interested, can be found here:
Smallbutdigital.com

All you have to do (for MAC OSX anyway, as that is what I use) is create a folder called libraries in your processing sketchbook, and extract the files to that location. (USER/DOCUMENTS/PROCESSING is the default folder, although you can check it/change it under processing>preferences)

No comments:

Post a Comment