Tuesday 1 February 2011

Terratec Axon AX50, Problem with Noise

On my guitar I have a midi pickup (PU100) connected to an Axon AX50 USB interface. I have been having a problem with it causing excess noise when its connected to my computer with guitar etc. I have found that using a usb/midi to connect it instead seems to solve the problem (rather than the normal usb -> usb).

This means that I cannot use the editor, but if I want to change settings I can put up with the noise for a while and adjust it via the standard USB.

This is just a quick post so i don't forget this, I'm currently experimenting with my AX50 to try and get the most out of it. Information I discover on this subject will also end up on this blog.



**EDIT**

After a while of that working the noise came back, I now have my guitar running straight in to my amp and use the AXON AX50 only as a midi control box. Having the USB plugged in rather than the midi/usb converter doesn't seem to make much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment